The Vision for Alternative Development (VALD) is a non-profit and non-governmental organization (NGO) registered in Ghana in June 2006. VALD is established to promote alternative initiatives and to support development in all levels of society.
- Certificate of Incorporation & Certificate to Commence Business from the Registrar-General’s Department (RGD) of the Ministry of Justice & Attorney General’s Department, Ghana
- License from the Non-Profit Organizations Secretariat (NPOS) of the Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection (MOGCSP), Ghana
- Certificate of Registration from the National Youth Authority (NYA) of the Ministry of Youth and Sports, Ghana
- Certificate of Registration from the Accra Metropolitan Assembly (AMA) of the Ministry of Local Government, Ghana
- To advocate against the consumption and use of unhealthy commodities (tobacco, alcohol, etc) and illicit drugs and narcotic substances
- To advocate and support community participation in good governance and development
- To hold government, stakeholders and other organizations accountable on the protection of public health and the environment
- To build, strengthen capacities and sensitize stakeholders and the public on sustainable environmental practices and climate change issues
- To advocate for cultural diversity and peace building.